This Jean-Monnet Module is implemented in cooperation with Siberian Federal University (SibFU), Krasnoyarsk, Russia. It brings forward the central objective to promote EU experience in the development of monitoring and early warnings response and communication systems through a series of research training events.
The project implemented through the specific objectives:
(1) To organise and host three summer schools on design of systems for monitoring (including biophysical and institutional, inclusive to different kinds of knowledge) and timely responses to early warnings (including design of science-policy interfaces and communication strategies); the primary target audience are natural science and management students from SibFU and its partner institutions, however the call for applications will be open, practitioners young teachers and students from other universities will be encouraged to apply; the summer schools will be focused on biodiversity (2016), water resources (2017), mountain systems (2018).
(2) To launch research reflecting on the applicability of the EU experience in the Siberian context that would serve as input to summer school curricula, as a part of preparation, conducting and following up summer school case studies. (The implementation indicators are: timely prepared teaching and case-study materials, and summer school reports available online, and papers submitted to national and international peer-review)
(3) To disseminate schools’ results and research findings through publishing case study reports, dedicated session on the annual conference at SibFU, and online e-learning platform with all the School materials available.
(4) To establish links with practitioners involved in environmental monitoring and control over hazardous objects and activities, involve them into research training and co-organise post-school seminars on the issues of monitoring.
(5) To update teaching and learning methods by adapting expertise of EU resource faculty and using them in teaching regular courses in SibFU; the plan is to (re-)train 4 SibFU faculty involved to the project and 8 PhD student to be involved as teaching assistant.
Khuzhir Tourist Infrastructure Map